Celebrating 25 years in 2022, the Young Performers Career Advancement (YPCA, pronounced “YIP-Kah”) program was designed by the APAP Classical Connections Initiative to support classical musicians in the formative stages of their careers.
By participating in APAP's Young Performers Career Advancement (YPCA) program, classical musicians in the formative stages of their careers will receive invaluable advice from industry professionals, develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences, and other artists, and learn to set long-term, professional goals in a field that has seen tremendous change over the past two years.
The YPCA program consists of online professional development seminars that take place between October 17-29, 2021, one-on-one coaching, and the opportunity to fully participate in the annual APAP conference between January 14-17, 2022, and a showcase performance at Carnegie Hall on January 14, 2022. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, September 15, 5:00 p.m. (EDT).
Participants in the YPCA program will:
- Receive a complimentary full conference registration to APAP|NYC+ 2022
- Get a practical overview of the presenting and touring industry and expert instruction in audience engagement
- Learn to set long-term career goals, including developing your vision and identity
- Develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences and other artists
- Gain networking resources that last an entire career
- Perform at Carnegie Hall in the only APAP-produced showcase at APAP|NYC+ 2022