Effective December 1, 2018.
This Notice is applicable to all Website visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Website.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
By visiting www.apap365.org or related properties, (together the “Website”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
Who we are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is the Association of Performing Arts Professionals, incorporated in Madison, WI, licensed to do business in the District of Columbia USA with a registered address at 919 18th Street, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20006.
Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen, is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Notice for the purposes of the GDPR.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact us using the information found on the “Contact Us” page of our Site. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone at 888-717-2727, by sending an email to Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to 919 18th Street, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20006.
What Personal Data is collected
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
Personal Data that you give us:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include: first name, middle name, last name, email, home phone, mobile phone, fax, job title, gender, spouse name, birthday, ethnicity, Facebook name, Twitter name, LinkedIn name, assistant’s name, assistant’s phone, assistant’s email;
- Membership information, about your APAP membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number(s) and email address(es), job title, and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Dues payment information, including financial information such as credit cards and account numbers used to register or renew your membership.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of registrations, memberships, or products either in-person, by phone, or via our Website. Purchase information will include financial information, as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
Personal Data that we collect:
- Technical information, including browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by APAP. This information can include: your browser type, domain names, access times and referring Website addresses. This information is used by APAP for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the APAP Website.
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- APAP keeps track of the Websites and pages our customers visit within APAP, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content within APAP to our customers.
Location informationLocation information may be collected in the following ways:
- Through the ID of the device you use to connect to the online service(s), the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the Website you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the Website you visit next (see also the Cookies, tags & remarketing pixel information);
- When you register for or use certain interactive tools and services, many of our mobile Apps, or tools inside many of our Apps;
- When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us;
- When you participate in an online survey;
- When you provide personal information in a community or public forum; or
- When you join APAP - Association of Performing Arts Professionals, register for our conference or participate in our other programs and utilize our services.
The APAP Website uses "Cookies" and remarketing pixels to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of Cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize APAP pages, or register with APAP Website or services, a cookie helps APAP recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same APAP Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the APAP features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the APAP services or Websites you visit.
How we use your Personal Data
APAP collects and uses your personal information to operate our Website and deliver the services you have requested. We also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from us and our affiliates. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Your contact information is also made available to other APAP members, and each member has control over what information is made available. From time to time, we contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third-party. In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to APAP, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
APAP does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Personal Data that you give us
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- To organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related membership services;
- To provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- To transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- To notify you about changes to our membership service;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- To conduct research on the industry.
Personal Data that we collect
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Website:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal Data we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we share and who can access your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with certain third parties. For example, we may share your Personal Data with:
- A member of our Association or attendee of our events;
- Credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations;
- Other organizations we work with, including partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, to provide services, research, products or programs;
- Organizations that provide similar events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Website and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing); and
Where we store your Personal Data
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
APAP secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. APAP secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by APAP or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who may be located in the U.S. or worldwide. If you are visiting our Websites from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We do not store the Personal Data for longer than is legally permitted and necessary for the related processing purposes. The storage period depends on the type of Personal Data, the purposes and the applicable law and therefore varies per use.
Typically, we store User’s Personal Data for as long as the User is using our Services or for as long as we have another purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law or necessary for internal reporting and reconciliation purposes.
We erase Personal Data after the above described storage period or when the User requests us to erase his/her Personal Data.
Although APAP uses security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Links to third-party websites and services
Our Websites may contain links to third-party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these Websites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including Websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website that you link from our Service.
Your rights and preferences
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask APAP to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. Further information on how to exercise your rights is set out below. We will honor your rights under applicable data protection laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third-party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third-party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. If you want to exercise your rights, please send an email to: Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen, at email@example.com. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
Confirming your Personal Data
To confirm that APAP is processing your Personal Data, or to access, update or correct the Personal Data APAP holds about you, or to obtain a copy to reuse for your own purposes, please send an email to: Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erasing your Personal Data
If you want your Personal Data erased, please send an email to: Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen, at email@example.com
To restrict processing of your Personal Data
If you want to otherwise restrict APAP’s processing of your Personal Data, please send an email to: Information Technology Business Analyst, Jason Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Notice
If we make any material changes to this Notice or the way we use, share or collect Personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of this Notice, prominently posting an announcement of the changes on our Website, or sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an email address) prior to the new policy taking effect.